Reliance 3G USB Dongles Review
Table of Contents
This is a screenshot of the connection speed on Reliance 3G, I took on 29 August 2011
This is a screen shot, I took on 11 June 2011
I was in Guwahati, Assam at that time, where Reliance claims to provide a speed of upto 5.1 Mbps, and you can see from the screenshots that their claims are somewhat true. In Kolkata, I get speeds of up to 7 Mbps, on a Samsung Galaxy S1 (In South Kolkata area). I have seen people getting speeds of 19 Mbps in Kolkata on a 3G dongle.
Most cell phones max out at 7 Mbps speed. A 3G dongle is better if you live in a city where Reliance 3G provides speeds of more than 5.1 Mbps or you want to connect to the internet while travelling.
3G Dongles provided by Reliance.
As of 31st August 2011, Reliance is selling 3 branded 3G dongles.
1. Huawei â€“ E173 for speeds up to 7.2 Mbps. It costs Rs. 2000.00 approx
2. ZTE â€“ MF190 for speeds up to 7.2 Mbps. It costs Rs. 2000.00 approx
3. ZTE-MF668 for speeds up to 21.6 Mbps. It costs Rs. 4490 approx.
The ZTE-MF668 works on HSPA+ /WCDMA/EDGE/GPRS network. It supports full USB 2.0 and internal memory of up to 32 GB.
The Huawei E173 and ZTE-MF190 works on HSUPA/WCDMA/EDGE/GPRS network. It supports full USB 2.0 and internal memory of up to 32 GB.
If you buy a 3G USB dongle from Reliance it will be locked to their network, which means you can not use SIM card from other networks.
ZTE MF190, Huawei E173, ZTE MF668, Dialers download.
You can download the firmware, dialer and other software for the dongle below. Use the appropriate dialers for your OS.
ZTE MF190 : Download Dialer
ZTE MF668: Download Dialer
3G Data Plans from Reliance.
There are no unlimited 3G data plans from Reliance. The highest plan comes with a 21 GB / 30 days limit. I prefer to use 3G on prepaid connection. Go for a data based plans to get full worth for your money.
|Plan||Cost / Data||Validity||Extra Charges|
|Weekly Pack||Rs. 96 / 375 MB||7 days||NA|
|Weekly Pack||Rs. 199||30 days||NA|
|100 MB||Rs. 97 / 100 MB||30 days||NA|
|250 MB||Rs. 198||30 days||NA|
|500 MB||Rs. 397||30 days||NA|
|1 GB||Rs. 649||30 days||NA|
|2 GB||Rs. 749||30 days||NA|
|3 GB||Rs. 899||30 days||NA|
|5 GB||Rs. 1199||30 days||NA|
|10 GB||Rs. 848 only in Kolkata||30 days||NA|
|10 GB||Rs. 1499||30 days||NA|
|15 GB||Rs. 1799||30 days||NA|
|21 GB||Rs. 2100||30 days||NA|
Using unlocked non Reliance dongles for Reliance 3G.
You can use compatible , unlocked 3G USB modems on Reliance 3G. You can buy a 3G modem from a shop and pop in a Reliance 3G SIM card and use it. At the least buy a 7.2 Mbps 3G USB dongle. ZTE, Huawei, Micromax have good models. After you put the SIM and connect the dongle to your computer, you have to enter the connection details and it will work.
Connection settings and APN for Reliance 3G on USB 3G modem dialer software
To activate 3G send â€œ3Gâ€ to 55100 or call Reliance customer support.
Connect the modem to your computer and start the dialer and enter the following details to connect to internet, through 3G.
1. Dial No. *99#
2. Username : <blank>
3. Password : <blank>
4. APN : There are multiple APNâ€™s available. Enter SMARTNET or RCOMNET, if one does not work, use the other
The modems supplied by Reliance have usage monitoring capability and will show you how much data you have used or you can visit http://rcom.co.in to check. If you use a modem, that you bought else where, you can check on the website or the modem will have data usage software in the dialer itself.
I prefer buying a 3G USB modem from an independent shop and use SIMâ€™s from telecom companies. This way, I will not be tied to any company and I do not have to buy a modem every time I change 3G network providers.
I am happy with the speeds that I get from Reliance 3G . There are no unlimited plans but the quality of connection I get is quite satisfying. Unless other providers come with unlimited plans or plans with better speeds and throughput am sticking with Reliance.
What people visiting this page search for:
- reliance 3g dongle settings
- reliance dongle settings
- reliance 3g dongle setting
- reliance 3g connect failed
- connect failed in reliance 3g
- reliance dongle reviews
- reliance 3g
- reliance 3g dongle connect failed
- reliance usb dongle
- connect failed reliance 3g
Share and Enjoy
Some More Nuggets of Wisdom:
- Reliance Netconnect 3G data dongles and 3G plans review. Read a more recent review of Reliance 3G USB...
- Reliance 3G Tab : A complete review. Rooting the Reliance 3G TAB. Is the new Reliance 3G Tablet worth your money...
- My continuing love affair with Reliance 3G. I nearly gave up on the whole 3G thing...
- Olive Nexus V-R9 3G router and its price in India This one is a pocket sized router with a...
- If you can not find the 3G router or USB modem you are looking for, in your town. In short, if your town sucks it is more...