How to remove ClockworkMod recovery image and replace it with your stock recovery image?
If you want to remove the Clockwordmod recovery image and replace it with a custom
recovery image or the stock recovery image., follow these steps
- 1. Download the recovery.img image file.
2. Transfer it to a sd card. Make sure it is in the root directory and not inside any folder.
3. Now download Terminal Emulator or ConnectBOT (my preference) from the Android Market.
4. Run ConnectBOT. If you are using ConnectBOT , create a connection to “localhost” and a terminal should open.
5. In the terminal type “su” and press enter.
6. If you have superuser installed, it will popup and ask you to provide permission to ConnectBOT, do it.
7. If you use Terminal Emulator instead, run it and type su, if Superuser pops up, give it permission.
8. Now in the next line type
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
- 9. The phone may seem to hang for few minutes and than you should see the command prompt in the next line.
- 11. Turn the device off.
12. Now while turning on try to enter into recovery mode again, you should be in your stock recovery mode.
NOTE: To bring up the keyboard in the terminal emulator or ConnectBOT press the menu key (it is different for each device) or tap on the screen.
Another way of doing this
I am assuming you have Android SDK installed on your computer
1. Open a terminal
2. Type “adb shell”
3. Type “su”
4. Type “mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system”Â [the mtdblock will be different for other devices, for Spice, the system is loaded on mtdblock1]
5. Type “chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image”Â [if flash_image is not on your device, this will not work]
6. Reboot your phone.
7. Disconnect your phone, put the sd card with the recovery.img , start it and connect it again to your computer.
8. Open the terminal again and type “adb shell”
9. Type “su”
10. Type “flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img”
I do not know, how you do this under windows, but I think you will have to download Android SDK for windows, than download the SDK kits (it is automatic) and than go to command prompt and try it.
I know it is difficult, but it is fun and once you start doing this, you will see that you have unprecedented level of control over your device. This is joy of Android.
What people visiting this page search for:
- remove clockworkmod recovery
- how to remove clockworkmod recovery
- uninstall clockworkmod recovery
- how to uninstall clockworkmod recovery
- remove clockworkmod
- how to remove clockworkmod
- how to uninstall clockworkmod
- how to remove CWM recovery
- removing clockworkmod recovery
- clockworkmod recovery uninstall
Share and Enjoy
Some More Nuggets of Wisdom:
- Spice MI-720 Rooted Custom ROM Firmware : How to download and install. About the Spice Mi-720 Device and it’s Firmware Spice...
- Amazon Kindle Tablet on Android. Now in Color. Techcrunch is carrying a story on itâ€™s home page...